There are three main attributes.
- Martial: The character’s ability to understand warfare and marshal his or her fighting forces in battle.
- Charisma: The character’s ability to influence others.
- Finesse: The character’s ability to get things done, despite obstacles.
Attributes range from 0 to 10 but modifiers caused by Traits can cause Attributes to be higher than their normal range.
Simplified you may say that a 5 in any attributes is mediocre and such character will do no harm or good.
Some character roles also gives bonuses for each attribute point above 0 and some actions gives bonuses based on the difference between characters.
So to sum it up: 0 = abysmal; 5 = mediocre; 10 = Best of mankind; 10 < Son of "insert your god's name here".
This is a Character’s ability to understand warfare and marshal his or her fighting forces in battle.
Useful for anyone who have a military connection.
- With the latest patch, a Commander receives a +0.5 bonus to combat rolls in battle for every point of martial which he exceeds the enemy commander. Since base dice rolls vary between 1 to 6, a difference of a few martial points is very significant. Generally, never use a commander with less than 7 martial in battle.
- Rulers, Ministers and Magistrates may give morale bonus.
- Governors defend better when sieged.
This attribute is a Character’s ability to influence others.
Useful for everyone as it affects Popularity directly.
- Rulers needs to be popular.
- Ministers and Magistrates give bonuses in their area of expertise.
- Commanders receives combat advantage more often.
This attribute is a Character’s ability to get things done, despite obstacles. Probably the most important attribute for non-martial characters.
Useful for anyone in high positions.